Friday, October 15, 2010

Croquet Anyone...?



Elyssa got a new obsession this week. I say obsession because it seems like when she gets anything new it becomes the one thing we have to do all day long. So now we have jumping on the trampoline and her new croquet set from Aunt Red and her mom. We had a GNO at Aunt Red’s apartment on Monday. She is moving again this weekend and Aunt Lisa, Aunt Tonia and Elyssa and I, all went to help her pack up some of her apartment. While we were there Red pulled out a bag she said her mom got for Elyssa. Well, it was her new Croquet set and let’s just say Elyssa loved it! We played Croquet and jumped all day Tuesday to the point where mommy just had to say no! I love my little girl to death but being Elyssa’s favorite playmate 24/7 is a bit trying some days. On Wednesday we had to take the croquet set with us to Aunt Lisa’s house to play with, so Aunt Lisa got to play croquet as well. I can only imagine just how comical it looked to see Lisa and I playing a child size croquet set in her front yard. Like I said I love my little girl to death and will do anything for her even if it means embarrassing myself and my friends to get it done!

Well Eddie did have Thursday off and Elyssa chose to go to the pumpkin patch. We had so much fun we ended up spending almost 4 hours there enjoying it all. The weather was just perfect, a sunny beautiful day and the temperature was about 74 degrees. We could not have asked for better weather for our day. On the flip side of the beautiful sunny weather, I was not thinking about sunburn! Who worries about sunburn in October?? Well I ended up beet red all over my arms and my neck. Thank goodness Elyssa has Eddies skin and she did not get sunburned at all. I am so glad she was blessed with Eddies skin, I would hate for her to have to deal with pale, fair skinned crap! None the less we had lots of fun. Elyssa ran all through the pumpkins picking out a ton that she wanted. They had about 5 bounce houses, a merry go round and of course a hayride. Believe it or not, the whole event was free! I could not believe how much fun she had on the merry go round. It was quite cute all the little boys were pushing it round and round while the while the little girls enjoyed the ride. They would stop to let the little kids on and off, I was actually surprised how well they all behaved on the darn thing. While we were there we enjoyed a funnel cake and lemonade at one of the many picnic tables they had all set up. Of course Elyssa picked one of the small kid sized tables for us to sit at so we all huddled around it as a family. It was nice getting to spend some time as a family. Eddie has been working a lot and has not been home much these days. He informed me on the drive to the pumpkin patch that he has to work this Sunday 7am-7pm. This would all be great if he were hourly and not salary, but since he is salary it just means less time together.

Today we had a fun play date with our friends Ashley, Jack and Luke. We all took a walk to the park by their house and the kids had fun climbing on rocks and playing on the swings. It is amazing just how much the kids are growing up. It seems like yesterday when Elyssa and Jack were learning how to walk and now they are running, jumping, and riding scooters and bikes. It sure does not take long for them to grow up.

Well we are sitting here watching the Rangers play the Yankees on TV while Elyssa is in her playroom watching “How to Train your Dragon”. Honestly I’ve spent more time watching her movie than the baseball game. Watching Baseball to me is like watching the grass grow, yeah, just about that exciting. Eddie is enraged about it because apparently Texas is not doing as well as he expects them to. It is almost like he feels he could do a better job! O’well, at least he is passionate about something right?

No comments:

Post a Comment