Sunday, October 16, 2011

.....and we have another first for Elyssa


So Friday night we decided to take Elyssa to the Circus. She has never ever been to a Circus and has begged to go before. To be totally honest I have never been to a Circus before either so it was not only a first for her but a first for me as well. Because it was the first time, we decided to pay a bit extra for the tickets so we could get ring side seats, I have to say, it was totally worth the extra money. Since we waited so long to get the tickets we were unable to get center ring side tickets so they were a bit to the left of center ring, if we did not have a front row seat this could have been a problem, but since we had front row seats we were able to get up and walk down to the far right side ring and watch the show up close. It was simply fantastic. I sometimes have to ask my self what is more fun, taking Elyssa to these kinds of new adventures or watching the amazement, wonder and excitement on her face. I just love it all. During the “flying trapeze” act she was holding onto my arm half watching and have hiding her face because she thought they were going to fall. She was squealing in delight as they flipped from one to the other swing above our heads! Her favorite part was watching the elephants. They had an adorable 4 year old elephant that just stole the show. To my own surprise I really loved it all as well. I have always been hesitant about going to the circus. I was never a fan of the treatment of the animals but I did do a lot of reading and it seems most of the problems are with the “small second rate” circus's that there is a lot of animal abuse. I did investigate the Shriner Circus and it seemed ok. Of course I could just be fooling myself, but I have to try to keep convincing myself it was ok. We actually left 2 hours early for the Circus in Fort Worth and still barely made it 10 minutes early. We ran into a ton of road construction along the way and I was getting very upset that we would not make it at all. Only in TX can there be massive road construction on a Saturday! We made it with 10 minutes to spare! So when we go there they were tearing down all the bounce houses and elephant rides. I thought we had missed all of it , but the had a 30 minute intermission in the middle of the show where they set it all back up for the kids to enjoy. So Elyssa got to enjoy her first Elephant ride! She also go to bounce in the bounce houses and we tried to do face painting but ran out of time. Believe me it all came at an additional cost, funny how it all starts adding up. During the second half of the show we all enjoyed some hand spun cotton candy. After the circus we enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Mexican Inn and then headed back home to the Dallas area. It always seems like such a long drive to the Fort Worth area. Elyssa fell asleep on the way home and even stayed asleep when I carried her into the house. She woke up and said “mommy, the circus was so much fun today!” That is all this mommy had to hear to know that we made the right decision last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment