Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dec 9, 2008

Well we made it home from PA on Dec 2nd! Since then I have been trying to get back into the swing of things around here. It is always a hassle getting things organized again after a trip. While we were in PA we went to State College PA for Thanksgiving with my cousin Lisa. We had a great time; she made me homemade Gobs (if you have never had one you don’t know what you are missing), homemade peanut butter fudge and homemade no-bake cookies. I was utterly in Heaven. I of course think I gained 5lbs over night if that is possible at all!! We did do some shopping on Black Friday but not the early morning shopping frenzy this year. This was the first year we did not go early morning black Friday shopping. We did do too much shopping none the less, we ended up having to pack an extra suitcase for the return flight and we sent a huge box of stuff home. Yeah, a bit too much shopping I’d say!
We put up the Christmas tree this week and did the decorating outside. Of course this year is an even more scaled down version of decorating than last year. It is just so hard with Eddie traveling and Elyssa getting into everything to put up all of our stuff that we usually do. I figure in about 3 or 4 more years we can put up the 3 trees again, but for now it is just 1 tree. Eddie is in Washington DC this week and next week. He will be home for Christmas and New Years though; we are pretty excited about that. I have pretty much finished all of the Christmas shopping for Elyssa. She is having a “Wonder Pet’s” Christmas. She loves that show and I bought her almost all of the figures that are out for it. She is going to be so excited. We are going to be home for Christmas, no plans at all right now. Maybe spending the day with Eddie’s sister, but no plans have been made as of yet. I think I am always the last one to find out anyway..!
Ok, I have to get going, the girls (Aunt Tonia & Aunt Red) are coming over for dinner tonight. I have cheese soup to make, better get cooking….

No comments:

Post a Comment