Wednesday, June 17, 2009

May 29, 2009

I celebrated my 38th Birthday on the 15th of this month. Yup, 38th birthday…wow, does that sound as old as I think it sounds? Honestly I can say I don’t feel that old, I just feel like me, and quite honestly I think the alternative to having birthdays does not appeal to me either. Death, or another year older….I choose another year older! Bring it on I say, give me your best shot, I’m up for the challenge!! I’m the mom of a baby girl who is testing her limits in what is most commonly referred to as the “Terrible Two’s”!! If I can survive the Terrible Two’s I can most certainly survive being another year older. A lot of people make such a fuss about getting older, they refuse to tell people their ages, they joke about being 29 and holding, me, not so much. I really could careless, age is simply a number, and is no direct reflection on the person. So the number of years assigned to me may be 38, but I in no way feel “old”. I think that is all that really matter.

Since my birthday fell on a Friday, Eddie, of course was not in town. He was in DC and flew in that night. He did send me a dozen and half red roses for my b-day that came on Friday so I can’t make him feel too bad. When they came Elyssa saw them and started yelling “surprise mommy, surprise!” It is almost as though she new they were coming and had some hand in the whole thing. She is just so darn cute these days. Friday evening before we went and picked up daddy at the airport, we went out to eat with some friends. My friend Lisa’s b-day is May 18th and we celebrate our b-days together every year. Anyway, Aunt Lisa, Elyssa, Aunt Tonia and I went out to eat with friends of our (Rob, Andrea, and Elyssa’s little friends Olivia and Alexa) to the Twisted Root. After eating we went back to Aunt Lisa’s so that we could all visit for awhile. We picked Daddy up at the airport that evening and he had a really cute card for me also for my b-day. All and all it was a great day.

Saturday we went with Aunt Lisa to the Richardson Flower Festival. It was actually a raining miserable day, but by the time we got there the rain had quit. We had a pretty good evening and Elyssa did pretty good. We spent a lot of time inside at the concerts inside the theater. Well we stayed inside until Elyssa decided to start singing louder than the actual artists, oh and throwing her balloons into the seats in front of us disturbing the people in their seats. Hey, she did last about an hour and for a 2 year old that was pretty good!

On Monday I made dinner for Lisa for her birthday and had her and Aunt Tonia over to eat. Eddie was in town so he got to celebrate with us as well. I bought a cake and had them put mine and Lisa’s name on it for our b-days. Hey, you are never too old for cake and ice cream right? Elyssa insisted on singing the “Happy” song and blowing out our candles and since the only candles I had were Elyssa’s number “2” candles, Lisa and I turned 2 again this year!! Oh and Elyssa had a blast blowing out the candles.

On Wednesday after my birthday, we all went to Southern Junction for Steaks. We being, Aunt Tonia, Aunt Lisa, Eddie, Elyssa and myself, all piled in the van and had a fun evening at our favorite Country music venue. We all had a blast, helping Eddie cook the steaks and letting Elyssa dance with daddy when the band started playing. She was so cute in her pink cowboy hat! Of course Eddie and I got to take a few “spins” around the dance floor as well. Gosh, it has been forever since we’ve done that. Needless to say I was pretty rusty!

So all in all I had a wonderful b-day or should I say b-day week!

No comments:

Post a Comment