Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Oct 19, 2007

We are now over a week into her DOC band and things are going a bit better. I have mastered the art of distraction therapy while taking it off and putting it on. Now if I could get her to sleep through the night I will be in heaven. I am just exhausted; it seems as soon as I get her to sleep and get myself back to sleep she is up again. I do feel so bad for her but Mommy needs some rest also. I’m ecstatic that Eddie will be home tonight and he may be in town next week a few days. It will be a bit of a break for me, not much but at least someone else to commiserate with..lol. We went to her appointment this week and they “shaved” some of it to allow for more growth. I am thinking that I am actually seeing some of a change already; I was told by our therapist that by next week we will definitely be seeing changes. It will make all of this worth it that is for sure. She is sleeping under her “jungle gym” right now, looks so peaceful and so sweet. I guess I should be resting as well but tonight we are getting company. Daddy is actually coming home early this evening and Lisa is coming over for Pizza and such. It will make for a nice evening and a nice ending to the week.
Last night we went to the TX State Fair. The picture above was taken of Elyssa and I while in the petting zoo/barnyard. She really had a great night, and was such a little angel. We went with Aunt Tonia and Uncle Brother JT. Usually it is $14 to get into the fair but on Thursdays you could get in for $4 with a Coke bottle soooo needless to say we all had a bottle of Coke on the way to the fair. Uncle Brother JT is so good with Elyssa, we told him it was a good thing he was around, because when mom and dad are old and can’t get around Elyssa needs someone who is young enough to do fun things with her..lol. He was pushing her stroller around the park and sat in the back seat with her on the way to the fair and gave her a bottle and played with her, it was just too cute. I think it is great that a 15 year old kid can be so good with kids and not just ignore her when she is around.
Well I guess I better get busy, lots of laundry to do and no one is going to do it for me. Why can’t they invent a washer and dryer that will sort, remove stains and transfer the laundry to the other one all on its own??

No comments:

Post a Comment