Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sept 29, 2008

Wow, I am sitting here in my living room and it is completely silent. Now that does not happen much at all anymore. The TV is not on, cartoons are not playing, no little pitter patter of little feet, no musical or vibrating toy sounding in the distance…just silence. Well, ok, there is the “hmmmm” of the oscillating fan in the background but we wont count that. Elyssa is at MDO (mothers day out) today. I can honestly say I do look forward to these days, my few hours of just this “silence”. I can remember a time before the baby, you know “BB” when all my time was just that “my time”, but now it is all Elyssa’s time. I certainly don’t mind it at all, that cute adorable little fact looking up at me all toothy smiles. The hanging onto my short bottoms and tugging me to where she wants me to go all the time. Her grabbing of my hands so she can walk on my feet around the house. If she were not just so darn cute!!! Eddie is actually home this week. He was supposed to be in Missouri but the trip was cancelled last minute so he is home. Of course he is not home this very second, he is at the dr’s. He really hurt his shoulder last weekend and has been in some horrible pain this week while in California. Since he was off this week he decided to go and have it checked out. So that left me here at the house sitting in silence! I did get a lot of work done thought, you know the wifely duties, sweeping, vacuuming and the sort but now that is all done and I am free to do with my time what I please. Elyssa does not get out of MDO till 2:15.

We have a busy week planned this week. Tomorrow she has therapy in the morning and an appointment with her GI dr in the afternoon. Wednesday she has her group “Feeding Frenzy” in the morning and we are going to the fair in the afternoon/ evening. I cannot wait to take her to see the animals. She has not ever been up close and personal with any animals such as ducks, pigs, cows, or horses so this should be so much fun seeing her reaction. On Thursday she has Therapy again in the morning and on Friday we are going to the “Big Orange Pumpkin Patch”! I can’t wait to get some cute pictures of her at the Pumpkin patch. They also have a petting farm, hay rides and all kinds of kids play areas. She will have a blast. We went last year but she was so young she did not get the full enjoyment out of it.

I have to tell a story of something cute Elyssa did the other night. We were sitting here watching TV and eating Pringles. She would go from me to Eddie to get a chip. We gladly gave them to her since she never wants to eat and if she wanted chips to eat it by goodness we were going to give her chips! Well she was going behind the glider rocker ottoman and what we thought was eating her chips. Unbeknownst to us, we found out the next day, that Eddie’s shoes were behind the glider ottoman as well. Our little dear princess who we thought was eating her Pringles was actually breaking them up and putting them in Daddy’s Shoes!!! Eddie put on her shoes to a crunching sound. Elyssa was there and so proud of her self, started smiling and giggling. I almost think she knew that what she did was funny or it could have been Eddie and I cracking up over the whole escapade! Well chalk one up for Elyssa, what will she do next?

Well I guess I better go enjoy what is left of “my time” it is so very short and so sweet while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment