Tuesday, June 16, 2009

May 15, 2008

Wow”, “Yeah”…in the words of Elyssa. Oh, and I literally mean in the words of Elyssa, her 2 newest words are WOW and YEAH. It is the cutest thing to hear her utter either one of them. I know she got it from me because I am always saying “yeah” and “wow”, so it really should not surprise me.

Today is in fact my birthday. Well if it is still the 15th when I post this it is my birthday other wise it would be yesterday…hmmm, ok, that is a bit confusing. I really don’t make a big deal about my birthday but I have to say that my phone never stopped ringing today and I got a TON of text messages from all my loved ones wishing me a happy birthday! It is great to know you are loved. Even my husband, who is not the best at sentimental things, actually sent me a birthday E card wishing me a happy birthday and told me he wished he could be here to spend it with me. He is in Las Angeles till tomorrow evening so he was not here for it. He did tell me he got me something really cute from Disney Land in CA soooooo I can’t wait till he gets home now! My day was really busy, my friend Lisa and I spent the day running around. We found ourselves in Grapevine, TX at the Bass Pro Shop (yes, all three girls at Bass Pro Shop), we had a blast and Elyssa LOVED climbing on all the boats, looking at the huge aquariums of fish (she was actually a bit afraid of them at first!!) and climbing in and out of all the camping stuff. Lisa thinks she has convinced me to go camping again…yeah, right…lol. I reminded her it must include hot and cold running water, electricity and indoor plumbing!!! We then rode out to Grapevine Lake found some cute parks, by the Gaylord Texan, and stopped in to the Great Wolf Lodge. It is a new hotel/ indoor water park that opened in TX. We wanted to check it out and I have to admit it was incredible!! If you can afford to spend the night there you would have a blast. We were going to go to Grapevine Mills Mall but we were so worn out by all the other running around we went and had lunch/dinner and came home. I bought us matching pink Bass Pro Shop T-shirts as a souvenir of our journey. They have big fish on them!! Just too cute… This evening I had to run out to Albertsons to get some cupcakes for our play date tomorrow. Since it was my B-day I told them I would bring cupcakes for everyone. Elyssa and I joined a new group and it is the best. We have play dates at least 2 times a week and have a blast every time. There are so many kids her age so it a great way for her to “play” and “interact” with kids her own age. The moms are all super nice and a wonderful group of ladies to hang out with. I really am glad I found this new group.

Elyssa is doing well. We went to her Urologist appointment and it went pretty good. He does not want to do anymore tests on her till next year and would like her to be potty trained by then. EASY for him to say…lol…. But seriously he said that it helps with her problem and will help it heal quicker. He did an ultrasound of her belly while we were there and said she has already started to hold her bowl movements and that is a good sign for early potty training. So tell me how do you potty train a little girl who can’t even tell you yet that she has to go…?? I figure I will give a couple more months and then go out and buy the potty chairs. Yes, chairs, we have 3 bathrooms, 1 downstairs and 2 upstairs and we need one for each one. Her walking skills are developing wonderfully. In fact she is almost running around everywhere now, it is hard to keep track of her. She now has the balance to bend over and pick up an object with out falling on her butt. She is just too darn cute. Her new trick is “climbing” over the baby gates daddy built. Yup, she is part monkey and we did not even know it!! I told Eddie that the nice new lattice gates he and pappy built need to be customized and a piece of flat board or paneling needs to be put over them now….Pappy predicted this happening but I thought it would be a lot later, our little princess surprised us all.

Well I’m sure there is a ton more I could write about but I have to get myself to bed, have to get up early so we don’t miss our “Move and Groove” Play date in the morning, Elyssa would never forgive me!

No comments:

Post a Comment