Monday, June 15, 2009

May 20, 2007

Isn’t it just amazing that as soon as you have a baby your whole perspective on life just changes? I mean your priorities and what you think about everyday just completely does a 180! Take for instance restrooms in restaurants and stores. I mean before I was just happy if there was one right? Now , you base where you shop and where you dine on whether or not there is a “changing station” in the restroom. I mean look at Fry’s, their restroom at the Plano store is just WONDERFUL, the changing station is all private has a compfy leather chair in it, a privacy curtain and the “changing station. What more could you ask for? Then some fast food chains that I will not mention don’t even have changing stations! Some of the fast food establishments cater to kids and do not have the accommodations to change your baby, I mean I am appalled! But listen to me, I am judging places I went before without thinking, now based on their restroom etiquette. Of course then there is the whole idea of eating out now…. Yeah, just when you thought it was safe to take your little one out on the town for a dinner out. Ok, so it really is for mom and dad’s enjoyment but you would think more places would be “kid friendly”. Ok, I’m talking about the whole “sitting” arrangements at most restaurants. I’m sure everyone who has a baby has one of those “car seat / carriers” that go everywhere you do right? Well now when we go out to eat the place has to have the “slings” that you can put the carrier in so the child can sit at the table with you or the places that do not invest in the slings have the “wooden highchairs” that you turn upside down and make your own “almost scary” make shift holder to put the carrier on and slide it up to the table. Oh and lets not forget that all carriers are not created equally. They all do not fit the same on every object, especially shopping carts. I mean sometimes they fit , sometimes they don’t, in some places I’m scared to put my little princess on the cart so I put her in the cart, which defeats the purpose of the cart right? I have no room to put my groceries because her carrier is taking up the basket area… I tell you, life is so complicated with a small baby. Things just don’t work the way they used to! I guess I still have a lot to learn about maneuvering with a baby, I think by the time I figure it out she will be all grown up and it will not matter.
Ok, I think that is my rant for the day, it has been quite an eventful one at that. We took Eddie to the airport today. He was flying into Dayton, OH for training tonight and will be back on Tuesday evening. The trip back was eventful; I was half way home when little one decided to start “SCREAMING”. I figured she was hungry so I pulled over and fed her and of course she decided to “dirty her diaper” at the same time. So there I was in a vacant parking lot, feeding my baby and changing her diaper on the back seat… who said I would not catch onto this “mom” stuff. I may be new at it but I am learning something every day…. Now I can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment