Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nov 7, 2007

She does not need me anymore… what a feeling of loss for a new mom! I know she is 7 months old and should be holding her own bottle but that was my time with her. We would sit in the glider rocker and rock while she sucked on her bottle, taking her tiny hands and caressing my face or rubbing my hand. I did all the work she just drank her bottle. She has officially started wanting to hold her own bottle and feed herself. Wow, where did my baby go, getting a new tooth, holding her own bottle, what is next??? I don’t know how much more I can take. Pretty soon she will be going to pre-school, then what will mom do?? Of course she is not “COMPLETELY” holding her bottle herself all the time. She still gets lazy and wants me to hold it sometimes, but I can see those days coming to an abrupt end soon. My little girl is growing up no matter how bad mom does not want her to!
On a positive note, I switched her formula to “milk –based” formula today. She has been using the Soy formula since she was born and since she is getting older and will be on whole milk when she turns one (gosh, another milestone!!) we wanted to make sure she was not allergic to milk. So far so good, of course we have only had one bottle of the new formula this morning but she is resting comfortably on the floor right now. I hope it goes well; I don’t want to have to give her Soy milk when she is older.
On another positive note, we went to our appointment at Cranial Technologies yesterday and we were told she only has about 3 more weeks of treatment!!! Whooo Hoooo!!! I don’t know who is happier, her or me. I miss seeing her little head all the time, I miss kissing her little head, and I just miss my happy little girl! Things seem to be going pretty well…keep your fingers crossed for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment