Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nov 14, 2007

My little girl is sick! The poor thing started not feeling well on Saturday. She was sneezing and her nose was running. Well it is now Wednesday and she is still not doing any better. The week has been miserable, she is not sleeping at night because when she lies down her nose clogs up more and she cannot breathe. Saturday night I was up from midnight till 4 am with her, just holding her and trying to make her feel better. Of course I have been doing the obvious, steaming up the bathroom and taking her in there, vapor baths (with Johnson’s baby bath/with vicks great stuff), using the wonderful aspirator-she was ok with me doing it at first, now 5 days later she wants me to leave her nose alone. Last night she actually slept the whole night in her room (ok, she did not sleep much but she was in her bed part of the time none the less), and I slept in there with her ( we have a full size bed in her room with her crib) with the vaporizer going with Vicks in the vaporizer. I tell you we are doing everything we can for her but she is still miserable. Today I broke down and took her to the dr’s to make sure she did not have an ear infection she had been pulling at her ears a lot and I did not want to miss the infection. I have to say that I am exhausted, I have been up most of the nights this week and pretty much just holding her most of the days, she is very , very needy right now. Last night Aunt Red and Aunt Tonia came over to help, and they brought more medicine and food for me! Of course Elyssa was cranky and miserable but it was a nice break none the less. Daddy is in San Antonio this week till tonight and then he is flying to Pine Bluff, AR. At least one of us is getting some sleep and getting to eat this week! Princess is finally asleep right now , so I am going to try to get some laundry and dishes done… wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment