Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sept 22, 2007

6 MONTHS OLD ALREADY!!! Yes, my little princess, that tiny little 5 weeks premature little girl is now 6 months old!! Well at the last minute on Thursday I decided why not have a cake for her and celebrate those wonderful blessed 6 months. So we officially had a cake that said “Happy Birthday Elyssa .5” . Yes, .5 for half a year, a whole 6 months old! Usually on Thursday’s Tonia and Red come over anyway for our “girl’s night” so since Eddie was home this week we made it a party night instead. I know, I know, it is a bit pathetic, but you know what? You have to celebrate all of the little things now don’t you? I mean someday she is going to be older and want nothing to do with all of mommy’s silly little celebrations of her accomplishments. So I am taking advantage of the ones we have. We bought her a new exersaucer for her b-day. We found it on Craig’s List and it has a bunch more toys on it than her other one and she LOVES it. We put the other one upstairs for her to play with; you know 2 story houses, have to have 2 of everything!
We have come so far in 6 months. I cannot believe how much I love her and how important she is in my life. She has developed into such an adorable little girl, with such a cute little personality and beautiful smile and laugh. I just cannot believe how my heart melts when I see her. If anyone would have told me I would feel like this someday I would have probably told them they were crazy , well here I am… just totally smitten with my little princess.
She had her Dr’s appointment yesterday for her 6 month check up and shots. She now weights 14lbs 14oz (almost 15 lbs!!) and is 25.75 inches long. The dr said she is very tall for her age, I am not sure where she is getting her height, has to be her pappy, Uncle Scott and Daddy Jay! Of course she had to have more shots, but to be honest they were not as bad this time. She still cried and screamed but it was over much, much sooner and quicker. Mom held up a lot better as well. I was so proud of her, of course today she is very, very cranky and still a bit feverish. She always gets like this after her shots and what I’m told it is normal …so we deal. I do hope she starts feeling better. The dr was very proud of her eating solids so well. We have tried all of the Gerber stage 1 foods and rice cereal. She loves it and in fact after taking bites she will say “hmmmmm hmmmmm” It is just toooo cute. We did find out that at her next appointment in December NO SHOTS!!! In fact no more shot till she turns 1 !!! I can’t tell you how happy that makes mommy.
This week we have to do the casting for her helmet. It is Tuesday and we are not looking forward to it. I’m sure it is going to be a bit traumatic but we have to do it. She then gets her helmet 2 weeks after that, I think her appointment is on the 9th, will have to make sure of that. Other than that there is not much more going on in our world, we are just taking it one day at a time, watching our little princess grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment