Wednesday, June 17, 2009

May 9, 2009

Mother’s Day came early for me this year! On Friday I took Elyssa to her Mother’s Day Out play day and to my surprise all the moms were invited to stay for a special Mother’s Day “breakfast” of Muffins, fruit and juice! It was so cute, we got to sit with our little ones and enjoy some snacks with them. They had special coloring sheets the kids did for mom waiting at their seats for each mom. Made me feel so special and so proud to be Elyssa’s mom! Well little did I know there was even more to come. When I picked Elyssa up from school, they had another sheet for me that was laminated with her handprint on it and an adorable “mother’s day” poem attached and as I was leaving they gave me a big package all wrapped up in purple paper. I got in the car and looked inside and it was a ceramic filled pie pan with Elyssa footprint in it and her name and the year traced in it as well!! It was so cute, they had her put pretty little glass type stones in it to decorate it. It actually brought a tear to my eye. I know it is actually my third Mother’s Day and I probably should not get so emotional about little things like this, but it was just so darn cute and made me so proud to be Elyssa Mom!!

Eddie actually out did himself as well this year. He was out of town last week and will be gone again this week (will actually be leaving tomorrow on Mother’s Day). When I got home from picking up my little princess , a dozen red roses and a box of chocolates were delivered with a special little note attached telling what a wonderful mom he thought I was. So all in all, although Mother’s day is not till tomorrow, I have already had an incredible Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment