Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Feb 15, 2009

Can I believe it has been 4 years already??? Nope, not at all, it seems just like yesterday that we were planning our wedding and frantically getting the place ready for all of our company. My mom and dad came in from PA for the wedding and were staying with us. Anyway, that was 4 years ago on the 12th of Feb. Amazing I say, just amazing to look at us now, everything has changed and nothing is the same! I mean, I sit here and look around me and the biggest change to hit me is the beautiful little girl who is lying on her Dora couch watching Toy Story right now. It is so amazing to me still sometimes that I am a mom to this beautiful little girl. Anyway, that was one of the big events this past week, the other one was Valentine’s Day of course. Eddie was actually home for both our Anniversary and Valentines Day for a change! I remember 2 years ago; he had to fly out on our Anniversary, now that was no fun at all. We did not get to go out this year for Valentines Day. Well, let me rephrase that, we did not get to go out alone for Valentines Day, Elyssa got to come and share it with us. Our babysitter, Aunt Tonia (NaNa), came down with the flu so she was not able to watch Elyssa for us. So we decided we would just take her with us. In fact the above picture is of her and Daddy at the restaurant we ate at. It was a little Thai place in Garland that we absolutely love. We tried to go to Olive Garden, but geez, there was a wait out the door and that is just no fun with an almost 2 year old in tow. So we ran over to the Thai place, there was no wait and we went right in and sat right down. Now that is service I tell you! They even cater to kids. Elyssa loves their fried rice, and they bring her out the bowl of rice and her own pink plastic kid’s plate and a big pink plastic fork and spoon. The first time we went there and they did that, they won me over! I mean most places will bring you out an extra glass plate for a kid which is not practical, not this place; they are on the ball and kid ready! So we had a nice dinner, ran to Wal-Mart to pick up some binders for a class Daddy is teaching next week in D.C. and then to Circuit City to see if we could find any good “going out of business” sales. We found a few things, but nothing really exciting. A lot of the stuff was really picked over.

For our Anniversary we went to Lufkin, TX to visit Nana and Pop (Eddies parents). We had not been to see them in a while and since Eddie travels so much, we have to jump on opportunities when they “knock”. It is about a 4 hour drive from Dallas so we just went down on Thursday and came home on Friday. We had a nice visit, Elyssa was all dressed in her UT (University of Texas) cheerleader outfit for the drive down and then that evening I changed her into her UT sweat suit. She is just so darn cute in those outfits. Nana and Pop enjoyed visiting with Elyssa, they are just so amazed at how big she is getting. I’m amazed myself, considering the kid does not eat…!!!

Well Elyssa has discovered a new talent that she has. She likes to walk backwards!!! We were at Eddie’s office today (yes, he has an office to go to here in Dallas, but he is never here to go to it..lol) and she was going up and down the halls backwards and singing. She loves going to daddy’s office. She runs all over the place (it is huge office, almost the entire 2nd story of the building). I think she tires herself out while she is there just running from hallway to hallway yelling for “Daaaaadddyyyyy”. He does not help matter when he is chasing her around as well. It is really comical to watch the two of them. But anyway, today she learned to walk backwards and I have to say she does it really, really well. Maybe she has been doing it for a while and this was the first time I noticed, I don’t know, but to me, it is new!

Well, princess has fallen asleep, so I better get her to bed… a mom’s work is never, ever done…

No comments:

Post a Comment