Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Oct 23, 2007

WOW! What a temperature change!! We are in a deep freeze in the great wide south! Ok, so maybe not a deep freeze, but darn it is cold outside and I actually had to put the heat on last night. I could not believe it go so cold out side. Of course it did give me an excuse for Elyssa to wear her jean jacket that Aunt Heidi bought for her and boy doesn’t she look to darn cute. She is wearing her Tommy Hilfiger jeans (bought at the Good Will Store for $1) and her T-shirt that mom bought her at Target (that fancy French place) that says “My Mom Thinks I’m Perfect”. Of course I think she is perfect what mom would not think their baby was perfect? Well, back to the weather, yesterday it was cold, rainy and miserable. In fact the high temp was about 57!! All week this week the overnight lows will be in the 40’s…. I think that fall is here.
Yesterday during some of our shopping I bought Elyssa some new toys for her to play with. She loves all of the little toys now that she can pick up and put in her mouth so I went to Big Lots and found some really cute things to attach to her stroller and for her to play with. She is just so darn inquisitive anymore. She is constantly touching, feeling and exploring new things. I don’t know if we should call this crawling or not, but she has now started to do the “on your back scoot”. She is not on her belly, she is on her back and scoots herself around all over. She really gets around that way, now if we could get her to do this on her belly.
Today we had our appointment at Cranial Technologies. Daddy actually got to go to this appointment with us since he is actually home this week. They had her head on a stick for us to look at today. Ok, that did not sound very good, what I meant to say is they had the plaster cast of her head on a stick that they molded the day she had her casting done. It is truly amazing but we are actually starting to see some rounding! I know it is just a start and it has only been two weeks but seeing small changes is very promising. It makes all that I am going through all worth it. She is STILL NOT sleeping through the night. I think I’m going to loose my own mind before this is all over, I pray it is only going to be 2 months..lol. I keep reminding myself it will be over soon…
Tonight is girl’s night and Aunt Tonia and Aunt Red are coming to visit. I think Uncle Brother JT is coming also since Eddie will be here tonight as well. I made a big crock pot of chicken Jambalaya and bought 2 big loafs of French bread. I think if it gets to cold I’ll have Eddie start a fire for us tonight in the fire place. It will be Elyssa’s first fire place fire to sit by!

No comments:

Post a Comment