Monday, June 15, 2009

May 13, 2007

It is officially my first Mother's Day!! My little girl woke me up around 9am this morning (ok, she actually got me up at 4am, 7am and 9am but 9am sounded best...lol) and I picked her up and put her in bed between her daddy and me. Daddy then jumped out of bed and came running back into the room with a little gift bag proclaiming "Happy first mother's day!!". He and Elyssa had spent all morning shopping yesterday for it sohe was pretty pround of himself. It was the first time he had taken the baby anywhere by himself so it was quite an experience for him. He loved all of the attention she got for him..geez, men! Anyway I opened my gift and aside from the 2 adorable Mother's day's cards I got (one from him and one from Elyssa!!) was a beautiful round diamond pendant with the word "MOM" in the center. It brought tears to my eyes...it was soooo sweet! I'm really, really a mom! The picture is of Elyssa holding the necklace so everyone can see. I told her that she and daddy did a wonderful job on thier shopping trip yesterday.
Ok, small correction, my birthday is actually the 15th of May, I soooo appreciate the well wishes I got from many of you, but I realized later that I made it sound like my B-day and Mother's Day were the same, actually my B-day is 2 days later. I guess I have more presents coming on Tuesday. I will have to send Elyssa shopping with Daddy more often!! I can't wait to see what they got me. I do know I am getting a new Cell phone because mine is not working correctly. I know it is the new Sprint Upstage phone, and I thought that was all I was getting but I guess there are more surprises....I can't wait!!!
We went to lunch today at Ballard Street Cafe, a small cute little place downtown and had a wonderful lunch and we are going to friends of ours, Mike and Elena's , for a Mother's Day dinner. Aunt Elena can't wait to see the baby. So I am going to have a wonderful First Mother's Day!!
Yesterday while daddy was out shopping with Elyssa, I went shopping to Walmart. I had to return some stuff, anyway I bought Elyssa a bunch of new stuff, including a new one piece UT Texas Longhorn's jumper. Eddie and his dad are big UT fans and we had already bought her a pair of UT Longhorn tennis shoes (size 1 of course..lol) they are just adorable. So now we have to dress her up in her outfit and her shoes and take her to visit Nana and Pop, I know Pop will LOVE it! I dont think Elyssa is going to have a choice she is going to have to go to school at UT Austin, well if Daddy has anything to say about it..!
Well time to get the little peanut up and ready to visit Aunt Elena and Uncle Mike....off we go....

No comments:

Post a Comment