Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Oct 27, 2008

Wow, did we have an adventurous week! Last week Eddie decided he wanted Elyssa and me to go to Washington DC with him on his business trip. He is actually going to be in the DC area off and on for the next 13 weeks. So this of course meant another plane trip for little Princess Right? Well recently her GI dr put her on Periactin a drug given to people with anorexia to enhance their appetites. She hopes it will help increase Elyssa’s appetite and she will start eating… (We will see). Anyway back to my story, this medication is given to her at night because it makes her sleepy. Well being the smart woman that I am, and that our flight was at 8am I decided to skip her evening dose of the medication and give it to her in the morning. Boy was that a smart move!! She slept the whole way to Dulles International Airport! She woke up just as we were beginning to land and did wonderfully. The flight attendants just loved her and the one carried her off the plane for me so I could help carry off the luggage. Elyssa loved her and did not want to leave! Oh, what a wonderful flight we had, we honestly could not have asked for anything better. But things did get better! I used to live in the DC area and make the trip to Pittsburgh to see my family quite frequently. It is about a 4 ½ hour trip but quite manageable. So we decided to fly in on a Saturday, drive to Pittsburgh and Elyssa and I stayed with Grandma and Pappy till Wednesday of the following week. It was such a surprise of a trip and Elyssa go to visit with her grandma and pappy again. She even got to spend some time with her cousin Mikey who she had never , ever met. We had a wonderful visit and it was great seeing all the leaves changing again. You just don’t realize how much you miss of the seasons here in TX. We have 2 seasons…Very Hot… and Cool. Elyssa had a blast playing in the leaves and playing outside with grandma and pappy. On Monday night we even had the opportunity to visit with some of mommy’s friends Jenn & Lynnette. We went out to dinner and went back to their place where Elyssa had a wonderful time playing with the puppy and their kitty! On Wednesday grandma and pappy drove us to meet Daddy in Breezwood and we went back to DC with him. It was really nice being in the DC area again. I can honestly say it was quite a culture shock when I started driving around the area again. I am soooo glad we have are Garmin GPS!! I would not have survived without it. We got lots of pictures of the area, but of course it was cold and a bit rainy so we did not take Elyssa out a lot. I did not want her getting sick or anything. We got back into town on Saturday night and poor daddy had to fly back to DC Sunday evening! The trip back went pretty good also, I did not give her the meds this time since it was the middle of the afternoon. I decided to take my chances and she did just fine. She made friends with the people in the seats behind us and the flight attendants just loved her. Of course they did right? Who wouldn’t?? We can’t wait to go back again and daddy is already planning another trip for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment