Monday, June 15, 2009

June 10, 2007

Is she not just the cutest little girl? We got a $100 gift card for Target from one of the woman Eddie works with so we went shopping today to buy Elyssa some new stuff. We bought her first set of “shades” for the summer. She was sporting her new style for us and was just looking to cute not to take some pictures. We bought her one of those Bumbo chairs made especially for babies to support them when they are learning to sit up. She loved it, and of course it was pink! I really was not much of a pink person until we had Elyssa; blue used to be my favorite color but now that I have a little girl, well pink is it! Everything is pink… we also got her a new queen size pink and white comforter set to go in her nursery on the bed that is in there. Geez, this kid just has everything, a crib she has yet to sleep in (yup still sleeping beside mom and dad’s bed, I just can’t let her go into that room all by herself yet!!) and a bed for when she has sleep overs..lol, yeah, I’m getting a bit ahead of myself here but it is cute you know. It is all about the cute factor. We bought a whole bunch of other stuff for her including more bottles, more Soothie pacifiers, a new T-shirt that says “I get my good looks from my dad” (yeah, daddy picked it out..lol), oh yeah and some diaper genie refills.. boy that thing is a lifesaver, what did people do before the diaper genie??? There were some other things we got but I just can’t remember them all right now. Daddy sure works with some nice people… she also got a new Tummy Time play mat from the same person!! Little Elyssa sure did make out this week…but then again she always makes out doesn’t she? I know she is going to be so spoiled, but she’s worth it isn’t she?
Eddie and I got some good news on Friday evening when he got home from Houston. His trip was cancelled for next week so he will actually be in town next week instead of going to Arkansas. Well I guess it is good for him this week but he will have to go at a later time, this just puts it off that is all. So Daddy will be home next week. It is funny when Elyssa sees him for the first time when he gets home from a trip, she just stares at him with these big eyes…looking like “who is this guy??” It is kind of funny. We went to our family place this weekend; you all know the place “Fry’s electronics”. I was without internet for 3 days last week while Eddie was gone, the router quit working or was “fried” so we went and got a new router. I’m pretty good at fixing miner network issues while he is gone but not major things like that sooo I just lived without the internet for a few days. I really don’t have a lot of time to be online anyway so it really was not that big of a deal. I found lots to keep me busy. I worked on all of Elyssa’s Baby books. She has 2 baby books, a baby journal and a Mothers Journal I am doing for her. I tell you, that is a LOT of writing!! I just hope she enjoys it all when she is older.

No comments:

Post a Comment