Tuesday, June 16, 2009

June 21, 2008

Ok, so maybe it really wasn’t school, but she did start a Mother’s Day Out program this past week! She is such a big girl now, she did not even cry when I dropped her off. I of course cannot say the same for mommy; she made it to the outside door and started tearing up. We decided that since Eddie’s travel schedule is just nuts and I never , ever have a second to myself we would put Elyssa in an MDO program one day a week so I have a few hours a week to have some “me” time. The place she goes was recommended by one of the mom’s in our playgroup we go to. So last Monday, I dressed her up in her school clothes and packed her special “school bag” with all her stuff and off we went. She goes from 9:15am to 2:15 every Monday. So we got there, I hugged Elyssa real tight in the truck and told her how much I loved her and if she needed me while I was gone all she had to do was cry a whole lot and they would call mommy to come and get her. We got inside and she was a bit hesitant to let go of me at first but the MDO workers were very nice and when she finally got down and started playing with 2 of her friends from playgroup, I decided it was ok for me to leave. I hugged her again and told her good bye and one of the workers picked her up and she seemed ok. I walked out the door and made it about 10 feet away and had to turn back and peak in the window at her and just make sure she was ok, because if she was crying I would have had to go back in! I peaked in the window and she was ok, the worker was still holding her and she had a perplexed look in her face but she was ok and not crying, so I decided it was ok to leave. As I said I made it to the outside door and I was tearing up. I felt like I was leaving a part of myself behind. You have to realize Elyssa is with me, 24 hours a day 7 days a week and I almost never ever get a break so when I got in the truck and she was not in the back seat it was really hard. I did get to get my hair trimmed and went home and straightened things up a bit. Of course the whole time I was home I could have sworn I heard her!! It was so weird. I did get some shopping done and some other errands as well which was nice. When I got back to pick her up I walked into her room and she was showing off to the ladies that work there and I said “Elyssa, Mommy’s here” she turned around and looked at me and then went back to dancing around the mat!!! As if she did not miss me at all or cared to go home!! I have to say that was a real shot to the heart, but I was glad she did ok. The ladies said she did not cry at all , but she would not eat…lol, like we already didn’t know that! This girl never eats…!! They also said she is a busy little girl, and I said “YES< I know!!”. She keeps me on my toes all the time.

So my little girl is just changing in so many ways, everyday is a new adventure in learning for her. She is picking up so many new skills and talents that it is just amazing to watch it all. She now has all 4 of her back molars, I cant tell how many teeth she has now, and I refuse to put my fingers in there to count, that is quite a little mouse trap in there these days! She has her 15 month dr’s appointment this week on Wednesday. More shots, we are not looking forward to that at all! Well gotta go Twinkle Toes is wanting my attentions!

No comments:

Post a Comment