Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nov 23, 2007

Yes, I heard the sweetest little words anyone could ever utter. My little Princess said MOM…in fact it was “mum, mum, mum, mum mum”!! She is saying it over and over again. My heart just melted the first time she looked at me and said it. Ok, so she probably does not know it really is “me” who is “mum” but none the less she is uttering it over and over again in her precious little voice. She started it on Nov 21, 2007. Then about 6 hours later I had her saying “da, da, da, da, da”!! I called my dear husband and in the background was our little girl saying… “Mum, mum, mum, da, da, da…” I have to say I think it was one of our proudest moments as parents. So my little chatter box is just making all kinds of ruckus now. I am working on “ba, ba” for bottle and “dog, dog” for the dogs. It just amazes me how much she is changing ever day.
We went to Lufkin, TX to visit my in laws for the Holiday. Eddie flew in late (his plane was delayed of course), Wednesday night and we left early Thursday morning. I had Turkey and Gravy and Sweet Potato baby food for Elyssa. She also had some of my mashed potatoes and some chocolate cream pie. She loved it! We came home Thursday evening late. It was a long day; we spent lots of time in the car. Elyssa did well though, she slept most of the time. We ran into some bad weather on the way home, some rain and sleet; it is very, very cold here in the big state of TX! This morning we got up for the BLACK FRIDAY event. Of course we went to Fry’s, our family place, for the deals. We got all kinds of cool deals but the checkout line was insane. Daddy bought me a GPS for Christmas! He has a really expensive cool one and he wanted me to at least have a simplistic one to keep in the car so we found one for 50% off. We waited almost 3 hours in line to check out. The line went all the way around the store. Princess did ok, (even when we woke up at 4am to get the early start); she slept some of the time, fussed some of the time, and played some of the time. I think mommy faired worse than she did…lol. We also went to Walgreen’s to get digital photo key chains they had on sale for $9.99. I wanted one so bad so we bought 6 of them…lol. We decided daddy needed one, Aunt Heidi needed one, Grandma needed one, Aunt T wanted one and we have an extra one!! Everywhere else was selling them for $25 +! We got a great deal on them.
Well time to feel little princess, I think we will have some more Turkey and Sweet potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment