Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nov 17, 2008

So the whole family has been sick and let me say it is no fun for mom! Especially when mom is as sick as the rest of them. Eddie had last week off and to be honest we were quite glad he did, except he brought some kind of creepy crud back with him and well after coming down with it himself on Tuesday, gave it to the baby by Thursday night. Elyssa was up all night Thursday night with a temp of 103. I knew if it got to 105 we were in trouble and had to get to the hospital, but I just kept giving her Tylenol and Motrin and it kept her fever down a bit. I spent Friday morning in the dr's office with her making sure she did not have strep throat , the flu or a UTI. All the test came back negative so after telling me the obvious, she had a sore throat and it was all viral (nothing they will do about it except give her Tylenol and Motrin), they sent us home to try to make her comfortable. Well by Sunday she was up and acting like herself but on Saturday "mom" came down with all of it....I tell you when it rains it pours. Eddie is of course feeling a bit better and is out of town again and I am here alone, sick taking care of a baby...yaaaahhhh for me! I am just hoping that it is gone by Friday because we are all getting on a plane Saturday morning to head home again to visit with Grandma and Pappy for Thanksgiving! We will be gone from the 22nd till Dec 2nd. We were going to board the dogs like we usually do, but Aunt Tonia and Uncle Brother JT are going to move into our place while we are gone so the dogs can stay home while we are gone. I guess you can say they are dog sitting or house sitting is more like it. I can't believe I will be home for a holiday. I have not been home for Thanksgiving in over 8 years and have not been home for Christmas for probably over 10 years...yup, it has been a long, long time. We are actually going to visit my cousin Lisa in State College, PA for Thanksgiving. She invited all of us up for Thanksgiving dinner, of course my mom is cooking..lol, she is just hosting..!! I can't wait, it has been so long since I've had a home cooked holiday meal!

On a side note, Elyssa has stopped eating again. Not that she was eating a lot before but she would at least eat some "snacky food" and a bit of corn and mac/cheese once in while. Now nothing at all except her milk with carnation instant breakfast and her V8 fusion. I think the sore throat is what caused it, but now she refuses to swallow any food at all. If I manage to get it past her lips she spits it out at me...yeah, fun... I know. She is still in therapy 3 times a week so at tomorrow appointment I get to tell them we have taken 3 steps backwards after this past week. I am so tired of all of this, I just wish she would eat like a normal kid. Is that really to much to ask? Why did I have to have the kid with oral facial hypersensitivities...and food aversions??? Come on...o'well... we will just keep working on it. I was excited last week she was up to 24 lbs but after this week, I'm sure she will loose a couple pounds and we will be back where we started...I will keep my fingers crossed that she doesn't, miracles do happen you know

No comments:

Post a Comment