Monday, June 15, 2009

May 23, 2007

Ok, little princess is now 2 months old and that meant it was time for her to go back to the dr’s for her checkup and her first set of shots. I can honestly say I was very worried going into the appointment but thought it would be ok. I was wrong, I was seriously wrong. Someone should have warned me, someone should have prepared me, why didn’t anyone tell me that I would leave there crying with my daughter???? On the positive note, twinkle toes, now weighs a whopping 8lbs 14 oz!! Almost 9 lbs, I told her a few more bottles and we will be there. She is 21 and ¾ inches long. I’m told by the dr that she is in the 85th percentile for her height and in the 40th percentile for her weight. I guess that is ok, they did not seem concerned with it. I’m not sure where she is getting the height part, since I’m only 5’4 and Eddie is only 5’8?? Poor kid was destined to be short I thought. We may have a basketball player on our hands here..lol. Now, just a warning to anyone who is expecting a baby or has one who will be going for their first shot appointment, it is NOOO FUN and the way they do babies shots is just BARBARIC! To make it even worse they make you the mom, hold the baby while they do it. She was crying so hard she could barely breath, I was appalled and so upset. She had 2 different shots one in each leg, the second shot she tensed her leg (OF COURSE!) and they hit the muscle and it was bleeding afterwards, I was holding her and it was running down her little leg…. I can’t believe it. Tears just filled my eyes, I could not help it there was nothing I could do for her. I felt totally helpless… So for anyone who has this coming up, my heart goes out to you.. really and to make matters worse we go back in 2 months and have this done again… I just hope it gets better…
Elyssa was a bit cranky after her appointment and I had to keep giving her Tylenol every 4 hours to help with the fever and pain from the injections… She is sleeping right now in her little bouncer seat so I guess I better go get some laundry done. Got to do things during my “window of opportunity”!

No comments:

Post a Comment