Tuesday, June 16, 2009

March 12, 2008

My baby is growing up. She is no longer that little baby girl who relied on me for everything. She now is little “Miss Independent”. She holds her own bottle, she eats her food on her own, she babbles and talks, she crawls, and is almost walking on her own. I have to chase her around the house and block off everything, especially the stairs. I thought it was cute the first time I saw going up the stairs and I went up behind her making sure she would not fall, but now it is an obstacle that has to be blocked all the time, for Elyssa it is a new place to play. She also has a new trick, if you do not pick her up when she crawls over to you, she will now “climb” up your leg like a little monkey! She is into everything, nothing is safe and this includes the dog’s bowls. Today I caught her “chomping” on Nicole’s stainless steel food bowl! Yes, I wash them and they are clean, but the dogs still eat out of them!

I got her first birthday pictures taken at Sears this week. I posted some them in an album on my Multiply site. I love the fact that they give you the actual pictures on a CD and the copy right release to reprint as many as you want. The pictures turned out great except what I found out now is that it is almost impossible to pose Elyssa for pictures. Oh, and forget about those cute “props” you can use and the cute hair bows for in her hair. She would not sit still and she would not use any of the props except the number 1 and the duck..lol. I had adorable bows and such to put in her hair that went with each of her outfits and well she tore everyone of them off or fussed and cried when I put them on. She even ripped one of the bows I had getting it off! She is one adamant kid, when she does not want to do something she is NOT going to do it.

She is just talking up a storm these days. Not real sure what she is saying, except mom, dad and “nonia”. Aunt Tonia sat one evening teaching this to her, it is her version of Tonia’s name. Aunt Tonia was pretty darn happy about it, but she had a great deal of determination in teacher her.. it was hilarious to watch. Elyssa loves to sing with me, we are working on “Old McDonald” and she loves the “E-I-E-I-O” part and almost has it down!

Her first birthday is this Saturday!! I cannot believe it is here already, my little girl is turning 1. Ok, her b-day is not till the 20th but still it is hard anyway. Grandma, Pappy and Aunt Heidi will be here Friday. I still cannot believe they are all coming. It is going to be a fun week!

No comments:

Post a Comment